An Odd Review
John, The head of a software company asked his manager to write a detailed employment review describing Bob Smith, one of his programmers.
01. Bob Smith, my assistant programmer, can always be found
02. hard at work in his cubicle. Bob works independently, without
03. wasting company time talking to colleagues. Bob never
04. thinks twice about assisting fellow employees, and he always
05. finishes given assignments on time. Often Bob takes extended
06. measures to complete his work, sometimes skipping coffee
07. breaks. Bob is a dedicated individual who has absolutely no
08. vanity in spite of his high accomplishments and profound
09. knowledge in his field. I firmly believe that Bob can be
10. classed as a high-caliber employee, the type which cannot be
11. dispensed with. Consequently, I duly recommend that Bob be
12. promoted to executive management, and a proposal will be
13. executed as soon as possible.
A memo was soon sent following the letter:
That idiot was reading over my shoulder while I wrote the report sent to you earlier today. Kindly read only the odd numbered lines above for my true assessment of him.